Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Still running... just not blogging...

Hello there. I've been a serious slacker in the blogging department, I know. It's such a disappointment when I pop over to other blogs and the posts are old, and I've already read them, and now, I'm so that person. But, I'm going to try not to be anymore... it's just that I've decided that if I have time to run, I really don't have too much time to blog... oye- a vicious cycle. Anyway, back to running! Update on my goals:

Mileage: I actually have been doing really well! My weekly mileage is averaging between 12 and 15 miles thanks to my new commitment to get in at least one hour long run each week. That's a solid 7 miles and has really helped to boost my weekly totals! I've been really lucky to have my good pal Ange to thank for getting me out of the 4 mile rut... with our long conversations 6 to 7 miles flies by and we feel so great afterward (mentally and physically)! Rob is pretty sure she is my therapist...

I have been putting in some QT with the big BOB and my two kiddos as well. With this amazing weather I've been loading them up and we've been hitting the road! As intimidated as I was to run with it, I'm so pleased with the handling and maneuverability. I would recommend it to ANYONE who has two little ones and wants to run, although it's quite an investment, it's so worth it! The huge sun shade completely covers Evan's sensitive baby skin, while Averie keeps her side up because she "wuvs the wind, Mommy!" I have to admit though that pushing the stroller in the wind is hard, hard, hard! Last week there was a time I was almost going backward the wind was blowing so hard...

Enter and train for a race: Three weeks ago Rob and I entered and ran the Run Rocklin 12K. We did really well! Rob finished about 20 seconds before I did... I think he drafted off of me for the last 1/2 of the race though, saving his energy to finish stronger! Whatever! We had a great time, finishing in about 1:04. I came in 10th in my age group... seriously! I might feel a half marathon coming on again, but not quite yet. I'm going to start looking for a good one... not just one that I'm so so about. SO, if you know of any great ones, preferable local... I'm game and taking suggestions!

Do Cindy: Eeh... still not doing great on this goal... this might be loosely correlated to my continuous battle with 3-5 lbs.... (as are my great weaknesses of late- warm chocolate chip cookies and vanilla ice cream with Hershey's syrup!) I did Cindy once in the last 2 weeks- I was sore for 3 days. My legs. My butt. My back. Not my abs- I didn't even do the sit ups. Dang. Writing it all down really makes me see that I should just do it. Once I get Evan to nap when Averie does I really am going to start doing this. I can spare 45 minutes... my house CAN be a little messier... we are talking about my overall health and fitness, right?!? Ok- so next time you see me, ask me the last time I did Cindy, please... help me be accountable!

I've heard from a couple of people that there are actually people besides my dad and my cousin reading this blog... thank you! For those of you who are new runners, or runners trying to get back into it, let me know! I would love to offer up some encouragement... I can be a pretty good cheerleader. I am not the most fit or disciplined person, but I know what it's like to try to lose baby weight, and to be a nursing mom who has to maintain a pretty solid calorie base so I can continue to feed my child! I think I've found a good balance (unless I go to Dos Coyotes, then I'm not so balanced for that day!), and I am so willing to share what I do.

Goals for this week:
1. Get in one run before Rob goes to work.
2. DO CINDY!
3. Look for a 1/2 marathon to train for, post a training schedule!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I've missed you! (yes...even though I just saw you and my OH SO CUTE second cousins on Saturday...man I love them!) Anyway...glad you're back...don't stress over it...write when you can...xoxo

    Thanks again for your support on Saturday...I really appreciate it! oxo

    ReplyDelete